Come out and enjoy the most beautiful Christmas event on Lake Hickory! The Lake Hickory Boat Parade. This is a non-ticketed event available to the public at various viewing locations along Lake Hickory.
On Sunday December 12th a flotilla of beautifully decorated boats will process along Lake Hickory beginning with caroling at 6:00 pm in Bethlehem at Lakeside Marina (at the hwy 127 bridge) and processing westward to make landfall around 8:00 pm at the Food Factory restaurant (5251 Hickory Blvd, Hickory, NC 28601, at the hwy 321 bridge). Please note that all times are approximate because travel times for the flotilla along the lake can vary. Participating boaters should rally at Lakeside Marina in Bethlehem before 6:00 pm then line up behind the “big boat” to follow in close single file for the parade. We will process close to shore at several viewing locations. Spectators can enjoy the parade from various different viewing locations:
– 6:00 Lakeside Marina (81 Marina Dr, Hickory, NC 28601) – at the Hwy 127 Bridge
– CLOSED THIS YEAR!!! Wittenburg Wildlife Area is CLOSED THIS YEAR. TRY Lakeside Marina or Lovelady Wildlife Access
– 6:30 Moore’s Ferry dock area ( 250 44th Avenue Circle NW, Hickory NC 28601)
– 7:15 Lovelady Wildlife Area (6162 Rocky Mt Rd, Granite Falls, NC 28630)
– 7:45 Rotary-Geitner Park, (2035 12th St Dr NW, Hickory, NC 28601)
– 8:00 Food Factory Restaurant (5251 Hickory Blvd, Hickory, NC 28601) – at the Hwy 321 Bridge
Parents are invited to bring their children out to enjoy the caroling and parade from any of the viewing locations.
We wish a Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger” (Luke 2:10-11)
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6)
“..If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)